Day 85-86 Recap

Posted by Justin Popovic | 10:26 PM

As the 90 Challenge winds down, I have become much more disciplined with all aspects of the program. My diet has been amazing and I have really been pushing myself at the gym. Knowing that day 90 is around the corner seems to have ignited a new level of drive.

I am not noticing the fatigue in my body as much as I had last week. It could be adrenaline or it could be just a better mental attitude overall. I have to admit that I was placing a lot of focus on how physically tired I was feeling the past few weeks. Now I am primarily focused on the overall success of this challenge and the feeling of pride that I am almost done.

In the back of my mind I have been thinking about keeping the fitness streak going but deep down I am really excited to get some rest days so I don't think that is going to be in the action plan! I also think I need the rest days to rebuild my strength and come back stronger than ever.

I have also been off coffee for 2 weeks now and I have to say that I'm very happy about that. Other than a couple of early morning cravings, it was an easy thing to drop. Drinking coffee was literally a habit and not something I needed at all. In fact, I had been drinking so much that it wasn't even tasting great anymore. Once the challenge is over, I will have coffee on Saturday and Sunday mornings as a treat. It's all about the balance

As for my workout routine, Day 85 composed of a very tiring and intense chest and back weight routine. It was tougher than normal because I spent over an hour shoveling snow earlier in the day. So it was almost like doing 2 workouts. Then I did 15 minutes high intensity cardio on the stepped which was an activity I had not done in quite some time.

Today, Day 86, was a full arm workout. Biceps and Triceps. Despite having had a few weeks off, I did nto notice any loss in strenth. I did pretty much the same amount of weight as usual. I also capped off the weight lifting session with another high intensity cardio workout on the stepper...15 minutes.

It is now 1:30am and the fatigue is kicking in. I really feel it inmy legs from that workout. But I am working on a few business initiatives that require MANY hours of concentrated work. So I will persist and keep my eye on the target. The anticipation of the excellent results will be enough to keep me going until I reach the finish line successfully.

0 comments