Day 87 and 88 Recap

Posted by Justin Popovic | 8:51 PM

Before I recap the home stretch of my 90 day challenge, please take a few moments to watch this inspiring video about former NBA player and cancer survivor, Wayman Tisdale...
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?categoryId=null&brand=null&videoId=3740128&n8pe6c=2

What an inspiration!

A video like this really puts something like my personal fitness challenge into perspective. It is all well and good to push yourself but how about people like Tisdale who have no choice but to look at a situation like that and face it head on. His mental strength and personal faith are amazing.

************************************************

Day 87 was a jam packed day in my calendar. I had a few appointments and a whole bunch of work to do from my home office. I am working on a new internet marketing system for our home based healthy chocolate business. The reason it is so exciting is that I am designing it with my business partner Ted Payne and we are doing it in such a way that we can teach other business people how to do the same. As a speaker, trainer and coach, anytime I figure out how to do something, I just want to share it with anyone who can use it for their benefit. It is my purpose in life without question.

I will continue to update this blog and in fact, justinpopovic.com as a domain will be transfered to this new marketing system once it is complete. Therefore, to continue following this blog, you will have to use the original blogger domain http://justinpopovic.blogspot.com/

Having said all of that, I had a full day of business and then at about 3:30pm, I did something that I rarely ever do...I had a nap!!! I slept during the day for about 1.5 hours. I have been pushing myself so hard and accomplishing so many goals recently that my body just shut down. I woke up from the nap feeling groggy but it was some well needed rest.

I then had an evening out with my dad to catch up. With all of my business activities, I have not had much time for my family (other than wife and son) so it was a great opportunity to catch up and take some down time away from work.

I got home around 10pm and realized that I still had not done my workout for the day. So at about 10:30pm, I put on my workout clothes and went to the basement for a 15 minute power session. I did a long series of situps and pushups to the point of exhaustion. I just had this inner drive to push myself harder than usual. I think the fact that this challenge is almost over is having an impact on my intensity level. It worked well because I had a ton of energy afterwards and I was able to once again work well into the night.

As for today, day 88, it was another long day for business. Probably about14 hours of work when all was said and done. It was also Thursday night pickup basketball and I had a great time. I felt like I had a lot more energy than I had in the past few outings. I played well and I came home not feeling overly sore or exhausted.

The final 2 days of my challenge begin tomorrow. I am looking forward to winding it all down and taking some time to reflect on what I have learned.

0 comments